Afterschool homework support + study skills
ALL AGES WElcome | $75 WeEKLY; $25 DAILY
Classroom Matters offers its signature service: Supervised Study℠. We provide a supportive, structured environment to help students with the daily responsibilities of homework and study habits.
Have a question? Drop in and get an answer!
Sessions are supervised by experienced and trained supervisors (who also tutor) at our center.
- Friendly accountability helps students remain on track and get help when needed.
- Resources includes internet and computer access, general school supplies, and a library of books and textbooks.
- Students can attend the full week (M-Th) for $75/week, or do daily drop-ins at $25/day. Families will be billed monthly.
- Healthy snacks (available for purchase) and comfortable couches and chairs help keep the environment inviting and relaxing.
How it works
- Students are greeted by one of our fabulous tutors, who help them settle in for an afternoon of productive studying.
- Using CM’s own interactive planner, tutors do a class-by-class inventory of what is due and when, what tests students need to prepare for and what projects they need to work on.
- Tutors help students to develop a game plan for how they will spend their time, teaching time management strategies and helping students prioritize their work.
- Students are encouraged to use their planners, login to school web sites such as PowerSchool and Schoology, and to be accountable for their own learning.
- Tutors check-in regularly to answer questions, monitor progress, check work and facilitate well-earned breaks.
- Students leave having completed all (or most) of their work and feeling good about their efforts.
Last day of Ss for this school year: June 7th
Monday - Thursday | 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Classroom Matters | Berkeley
2436 Sacramento Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702
questions + Inquiries